Re: mime_lookup

On 2004-06-04, Patrick Shanahan <WideGlide@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * Gary Johnson <garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-04-04 12:59]:
> >
> >   When you add an attachment to your mail message, Mutt searches your
> >   personal mime.types file at ${HOME}/.mime.types, and then the system
> >   mime.types file at /usr/local/share/mutt/mime.types or /etc/mime.types
> >
> > so the fact that it didn't seem to see my ~/.mime.types file appears
> > to be a bug, or something in my configuration I don't understand.
>
> Look at 'MIME Autoview' in the fine manual.

That part of the manual didn't have anything to say about any
mime.types files, so I still don't know what the problem there is.
However, it did give me a clue to solving the other problem.  I
executed

    :auto_view text/plain

and now mutt auto-views that log attachment.  I would not have
expected to have to do that, however, since viewing of text/plain
parts is built into mutt.  This looks like a bug in the mime_lookup
feature to me.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division