Re: mime_lookup

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 09:26:32AM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Chris Green <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> [06-03-04 08:52]:
> > Having realised that using mime_lookup in my muttrc file is probably a
> > neater way of achieving what mutt.octet.filter does I now have another
> > question related to this.
> >
> > If I put:-
> >
> >     mime_lookup application/octet-stream
> >
> > in my muttrc file then what do I need in the .mailcap file to handle
> > (for example) text files that end with .log?  At present with just the
> > mime_lookup entry in muttrc it works OK but I get a warning saying "No
> > matching mailcap entry found.  Viewing as text."  Presumably if I try
> > and view anything other than text files it's not going to work until
> > there's an entry in the .mailcap.
>
> from the other entries in .mailcap:
>
> application/[put mime-type here]; octet-filter %s; copiousoutput

Er, yes, but that's just what I'm asking - what do I put where you've
said "put mime-type here"?  Is it just 'text'?

> as:
> application/x-your-log-type; octet-filter %s; copiousoutput
>
> 'neetsterminal' may be required
>
> there must be a mime-type applicable to your object file
>
> also:
>
> application/octet-stream; /<file-location>/<.mutt.octet.filter> %s;
> copiousoutput
>
> I believe that .mutt.octet.filter must be executable.

... and I thought that I didn't need mutt.octet.filter any more now
that I'm using mime_lookup.  If I do need it still what has
mime_lookup gained me?

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)