Re: mime_lookup

* Chris Green <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx> [06-03-04 08:52]:
> Having realised that using mime_lookup in my muttrc file is probably a
> neater way of achieving what mutt.octet.filter does I now have another
> question related to this.
>
> If I put:-
>
>     mime_lookup application/octet-stream
>
> in my muttrc file then what do I need in the .mailcap file to handle
> (for example) text files that end with .log?  At present with just the
> mime_lookup entry in muttrc it works OK but I get a warning saying "No
> matching mailcap entry found.  Viewing as text."  Presumably if I try
> and view anything other than text files it's not going to work until
> there's an entry in the .mailcap.

from the other entries in .mailcap:

application/[put mime-type here]; octet-filter %s; copiousoutput

as:
application/x-your-log-type; octet-filter %s; copiousoutput

'neetsterminal' may be required

there must be a mime-type applicable to your object file

also:

application/octet-stream; /<file-location>/<.mutt.octet.filter> %s;
copiousoutput

I believe that .mutt.octet.filter must be executable.
HOG # US1244711