Re: searching or wrapping input fields

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 12:41:27PM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-29-08 10:52]:
> > I just installed mutt-devel-1.5.18_1.
> > I added "set wrap = -1" to leave 1 space free on the right hand
> > side of the screen.
> > However, the behaviour in message sending interface is still the same.
> >
> >     <top of the screenshot during message sending interface>
> >
> > y:Send  q:Abort  t:To  c:CC  s:Subj  a:Attach file  d:Descrip  ?:Help
> >     From: Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >       To: a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> > c@mech-a
> >       Cc: a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> > c@mech-a
> >      Bcc: a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> > c@mech-a
> >     <cut the screenshot>
> >

> > i.e. To, Cc and Bcc do not wrap, but are cut at the edge of the screen.
> >
> > HOw can I make them wrap?
> > Do To,Cc,Bcc lines wrap for other mutt users?
>
> Guess that only leaves the terminal application...  What term are you
> using?  "ps aux | grep term"
>
> I don't know much about setting different parameters in "term".  I am
> using xterm in openSUSE 10.1:

Just to be clear, are you saying your To/Cc/Bcc wrap in the compose menu?

I have the same behaviour with xterm-235 or syscons (the default
FreeBSD virtual terminal).

I understand how wrapping is controlled in the pager and the
editor modes, basically the editor settings (vi in my case) and
mutt settings "wrap", "smart_wrap" and "markers".

However, what is controlling wrapping in the index and the compose modes,
perhaps some library on which mutt depends?

Is it possible to wrap in the index mode at all?
It seems to me that the terminal control is similar in the
index and the compose modes.

many thanks
anton

--