Re: searching or wrapping input fields

* Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-27-08 11:59]:

> I use vi, and words do wrap in the editor, though
> not in the input fields.
>
> When I <enter> the To/Cc/Bcc long list,
> it  is cut at the terminal edge, not wrapped.
>
> The "wrapcolumn" is not recognised by my mutt:

yes, I didn't notice that you were still using

> % mutt
> Error in /home/mexas/.muttrc, line 3: wrapcolumn: unknown variable
> source: errors in /home/mexas/.muttrc
> Press any key to continue...
> %

Upgrade mutt.  You are missing a *lot* of enhancement and features  :^(

I'm at 1.5.13.  And the oldest .muttrc example I have is from
2003-06-19, Mutt 1.5.4i.

www.mutt.org, manual for 1.4.2.3i shows "6.3.205 smart_wrap":

  6.3.205.  smart_wrap

  Type: boolean
  Default: yes

  Controls the display of lines longer then the screen width in the
  internal pager. If set, long lines are wrapped at a word boundary.
  If unset, lines are simply wrapped at the screen edge. Also see the
  ``$markers'''' variable.

IF this does not resolve your problem, I guess an upgrade is in order.
I would say that an upgrade *should* be made in any circumstance.