Re: searching or wrapping input fields

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 10:22:41AM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-27-08 09:08]:
> > Is it possible to wrap the TO: line when there are many addresses
> > on the line?
> >
> > I understand there are some line editing options (sec. 2.2 of the
> > user manual), but no search, it seems.
> >
> > My problem is that sometimes I'm sending mail to, say 10 people
> > and by the time I entered the last email, I forgot what was the
> > first one. While I can jump to the beginnig and the end of the
> > list, it would be easier and quicker to be able to see the whole
> > list at once, i.e. some line wrapping. Is this possible?
>

> if your terminal program is utilizing emacs keystrokes, <meta-f> or
> <alt-f> will go forward one word (white space delimited) and <meta-b>
> or <alt-b> will go backward one word.  Maybe this will help.

Patrick, yes, I know about this facility. It is in section 2.2 Editing
Input Fields. On my system it's ESC/B and ESC/F to move backwards and
forwards one word respectively. This is good, but it would be better
to be able to view the whole list at once, or to be able to search within
the list.

many thanks
anton

--