Re: "send_charset" and saved record file's charset

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 10:19:33AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> record; no problem.  But, if I _compose a new mail_ with exactly the same
> content as the reply, then Mutt uses utf-8 to send the mail, which is not
> prefered though acceptable, but it saves the sent mail in utf-8, which is

_Really_ sorry; this is all wrong. :(

The problem I was having with mutt was due to my use of "~" ['FULLWIDTH
TILDE' (U+ff5e)] in the problem mail.  Without this character, mutt sends
the mail, and saves the copy, in iso-2022-jp.  The description at the
send Y/N prompt reads "[text/plain, 7bit, iso-2022-jp, 0.1K]", which is
exactly what I want for all Japanese mails.  If there is a "~" in the mail,
then mutt sends it as: "[text/plain, 8bit, utf-8, 0.1K]", which I'd like to
avoid, because many people will not be able to read the mail at all.

Since it would be impossible for me to remember/memorize which characters
exist in iso-2022-jp, I will have to rely on Mutt to use utf-8 when
necessary.

So my only choice is to have Mutt save the record file in euc-jp or
euc-jp-ms when it sends a utf-8 mail.  Any way to do this?

TIA

--
henry nelson
  WWW_HOME=http://yuba(dot)ne(dot)jp/(tilde)home/