Re: mbox-hook: broken or useless?

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 03:19:27PM +0200, Haakon Riiser wrote:
> OK, so it's going to be "move-hook <message pattern> <target folder>",
> and the hook is only in effect in the folder defined by the 'spoolfile'

Just want to confirm what's being proposed.  Right now, Mutt asks
if you want to save the mails in 'spoolfile' if there are any left
in that box when you quit Mutt or change to another mbox.  (At
least that's how I use it, not being much of a power user.)  I've
never much liked this behavior because the very reason I have left
mail in the spool is that I want it to stay there, so why ask y/n.

You want move-hook to _automatically_ move mails matching some pattern
from the 'spoolfile' to another specific file, and leave the rest of
the mails in 'spoolfile'?  No need to ask questions.  Sounds nice.

If I missed something, please expound.  (Some people in the thread have
expressed a dislike of save-hook, but it sounds to me like move-hook is
a different function.)

--
henry nelson
  day job << http://yuba.kcn.ne.jp/pmp/nelson/neken.html