Re: mbox-hook: broken or useless?

Nicolas,

> I'm afraid an mbox-hook does not what you want:
> | pattern is a
> | regular expression specifying the mailbox

:-(  That sounds pretty pointless.  The only use I can see for this
feature is if you use procmail to deliver incoming mail to multiple
folders, and using mbox-hook to move mail around from each of those
folders to appropriate "read mail" folders, but who would want that
in the first place?

My preferred configuration is this:  Mails sent on behalf of
mailing lists are directed to their own folders using an external
mechanism (such as procmail or sieve), and they are never moved out
of it, even after they are read.  Mail meant for me is sent to a
single Inbox-folder, regardless of who sent it or which of my email
addresses it was sent to.  That way, after I have read the email,
I can move it to an appropriate read mail folder for archiving.
I want this last step to go automatically when I quit mutt, and
I assume this is a very common desire, hence there should be a
way to make mutt do it.

Any tips?

--
 Haakon