Re: Hide (future) uninteresting messages

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 09:49:32 AM -0500, Patrick Shanahan
(WideGlide@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> > message, not thread. what is the pattern meaning " if this is in a
> > thread whose *first* message has score -10000, it must be -10000 too?
>
> The thread is built on the message *subject*.

No. Not exclusively at least. The thread is built first of all with
the In-Reply-To: header and corresponding msgid

> Your score pattern should be based on the *subject*.

No. I want to deal with whole threads, as defined above. In that sense
it doesn't matter what the subject is. It matter which message is a
*reply* to which one. So, maybe my question should be:

"how do I give score -10000 to a message which is -in-reply-to a
message whose score is <= -10000?"

Marco
--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it

I never let my schooling get in the way of my education. -- Mark Twain