Hide (future) uninteresting messages

Hello,

sorry for the foggy subject, I couldn't find a better one...

I follow several high traffic mailing lists. Very often, a new message
starts a thread which will last for many days and messages.

If I have no interest in that thread, deleting it all won't save me
time. The morning after, I'll find several orphaned (sub)-threads with
all the messages since my last visit, and need to delete them again.
Ditto the day after.

How can I have mutt do all the following for me?

1) let me tag a new message so that:

2) *all* the resulting thread is always hidden, regardless how many
  times I leave and re-enter that mailbox

3) same as above if I quit, and restart mutt the day after

4) mutt does NOT tell me "new messages in these mailboxes" if such
  messages are only in the "uninteresting" threads

5) whenever I enter a mailbox, all hidden-uninteresting threads which
   started more than N days ago are automatically deleted?

I have read the manual, and imagine that this requires some
combination of piping via macros to external scripts, use of folder
hooks, tags and the "limit" function.

I'd like to ask confirmation, however: is all the above possible, or
not? Which is the correct sequence of things to add (without risking
to lose good email)? Did anybody do it already? Examples/tips?

TIA,
        Marco F.

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         http://www.rule-project.org/

Be the change you want to see in the world - Gandhi