Re: selective smart host/sendmail choice

* markus reichelt <mr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-10-04 03:33]:

> The bottom line is: Why not use a non-listed relayhost for all your
> mail? Only one more hop, and be done with it.
>
> That's what I'm using, and frankly, all this mess with blocking dynamic
> IP ranges to catch the scum of the universe only hassles the ordinary
> user, scum always finds means to circumvent ineffectual measures taken
> against them. I mean, spam is still out there and I haven't seen a
> considerable drop in numbers because of listing dynamic IP ranges.
> Sadly.

Yes, it's a shame.  Years ago, when I was in the service, if one of us
did something the sarg didn't appreciate, the whole troup was punished.
He got us looking out for each other, but the punishment of all users of
dynamic ips DOES NOT ACCOMPLISH JACK-Sxxx!

I used to utilize 'transport' when only a few sites were blocking dynamic
ips but it's not worth the hassle now.  I relay them all thru my
provider, but I still receive direct.
HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos