Re: Hide (future) uninteresting messages

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 08:35:08 AM -0500, Patrick Shanahan
(WideGlide@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> * M. Fioretti <mfioretti@xxxxxxxxx> [06-10-04 08:02]:
> >
> > I follow several high traffic mailing lists. Very often, a new message
> > starts a thread which will last for many days and messages.
> >
> > If I have no interest in that thread, deleting it all won't save me
> > time. The morning after, I'll find several orphaned (sub)-threads with
> > all the messages since my last visit, and need to delete them again.
> > Ditto the day after.
> >
> > How can I have mutt do all the following for me?
>
> You are not using the current version, so I do not know that it is
> available, but mutt has a scoring feature that will provide the function
> you desire.  Look for it in TFM.

Will it?
TFM says:

3.22.    Message Scoring

  The score commands adds value to a message's score if pattern
  matches  it.

message, not thread. what is the pattern meaning " if this is in a
thread whose *first* message has score -10000, it must be -10000 too?

Unless you can score the parent message, and have a folder hook that
says "collaps and hide all threads whose first message has score lower
than X. Is this what you mean? How should that hook be?

Also, I also want to prevent mutt from saying "new message in mailbox
XYZ" if it belongs to an unwanted thread..

Marco

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it

Give up vows and dogmas, and fixed things, and you may ... come to
think a blow bad, because it hurts, and not because it humiliates.
You may come to think murder wrong, because it is violent, and not
because it is unjust.  -- G. K. Chesterton.  "The Ball and the Cross"