Using mutt with remote IMAP and local mailboxes

Does anyone here use mutt with a remote IMAP server and local
mailboxes.

I'm just thinking this might serve my purposes quite well on my home
machine.  Most of the time I read and reply to mail by logging into a
remote ISP machine using ssh and running mutt there, this allows me to
ssh in from anywhere and read my mail in exactly the same way.

However there are times when it would be more convenient to be running
mutt on my home machine.  How easy is it to mix local and remote
mailboxes with mutt nowadays, I know in the early days of mutt's IMAP
support it was a bit clunky.

Can I for example:-
    Have a directory/mailbox display of both local and remote
    mailboxes at the same time?
    Monitor for new mail in both local and remote mailboxes?
    Move mail from remote IMAP to local folders easily?

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)