Re: Hide (future) uninteresting messages

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 10:11:46 AM -0700, Rob Reid (kepler@xxxxxxx)
wrote:

> If you can use procmail, see
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/mutt-users@xxxxxxxx/msg25892.html

I've read that thread. I am very strongly inclined to kill according
to MsgId, because I really hate thread hijacking (more those who
*answer* such messages, that those who do the initial hijacking:
nothing personal of course). One of the reasons of this request is to
get rid of it.

I also realized, however, reading yours and Sven's dialogue, that
grepping msgids could also be quite heavier on the cpu.

OK, know what? If anybody knows how to add the missing bit (grep and
scan MsgIDs), please do tell me. Pleeeaaase?

Then I promise I'll quietly go back to my cave to experiment with both
subject and msgid grepping. This solution, however, does seems the way
to go, as it also solves completely the problem of mutt telling me
that there is new mail of which I couldn't care less.

Thanks Rob, and everybody else who answered

Marco F.

--
Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Red Hat for low memory         http://www.rule-project.org/

If you want to be worshipped, go to India and moo.     -The Quiz Show