Re: Auto clearsign with gpg

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 03:37:56PM -0500, steVe wrote:
> many email clients do not correctly support the PGP/MIME type
> attachments (Outlook Express is notorious for it), so it could be that
> whatever mail client you're using on the other machine doesn't know
> anything about it.  PGP/MIME is a 'standard' ( OT-it always makes me
> wonder how 'Request For Comments' turns into irrefutable standards...=) )
> and has been for some time ( see the Mutt FAQ:
> http://www.fefe.de/muttfaq/faq.html#else ).  It might be good to update
> your other email client.
I know that, but I just try to read it, when it mail reaches me, by mutt
again. Always same problem. BUT, when I look at my "sent" folder, very
signed message has proper format, i.e. an attachment with gpg signature.

> Vim *should* take care of it but it's possible that your configuration
> inhibits it from doing so.  it could be a simple copy and paste error or
> text wrapping before you sent this, but looking at the code there are a
> couple of errors and non-escaped newlines (see pgp_encode_command and
> pgp_secring_command).   if you do have new lines in your .muttrc set
> commands, make sure to escape them with a back slash, such as:
>
>    set pgp_verify_command= \
>       "gpg --no-verbose --batch --output - --verify %s"
>
> (i haven't tested newlines within the quotes, but i think it should be
> fine...all of mine are all on one line, however.)
>
> > code_command="gpg %?p?--passphrase-fd 0? --no-verbose --batch --output
> >  - %f"
> >
> > [ ... ]
Well, commands I show here are mouse pasted, so indentation is always
wrong. But about vim I'm pretty sure there is no problem with newlines.

> > set pgp_sign_command="gpg --no-verbose --batch --quiet --output -
> > --passphrase-f
> > d 0 --armor --detach-sign --textmode  %?a?-u %a? %f"
> >
> > [ ... ]
> >
> yes, your gpg signature on your last email was readable by mutt.
Thanks for feedback ;-)

> good luck,
> --
> //  ste\/e || 0x44288D05 //

Zbynek
--
If you cannot work with love but only with distaste it is better that you
should leave your work.