Re: Auto clearsign with gpg

G'day Zbynek,

* Zbynek Houska <zbynh@xxxxxxxxx> [040427 11:43]:
> On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 11:01:11AM +0100, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> > G'day Zbynek,
> Same to you ;-)

*Grin*

> So can you tell me, please how to achieve as for example you have? Which
> variables I shall take care of? Or better could you post a part of your
> config file? As I preffer to understand it rather copy...

From the manual:

 For examples on how to configure these formats for the various
 versions of PGP which are floating around, see the pgp*.rc and gpg.rc
 files in the samples/ subdirectory which has been installed on your
 system alongside the documentation.

I (effectively) just source the standard gpg.rc.

...but for completeness, here are my sign commands.  "muttgpg" is a
little script that I wrote [1] --- you can just have gpg instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  # create a pgp/mime signed attachment
  set pgp_sign_command="muttgpg    --no-verbose --batch --quiet   --output -
--passphrase-fd 0 --armor --detach-sign --textmode %?a?-u %a? %f"

  # create a application/pgp signed (old-style) message
  set pgp_clearsign_command="muttgpg   --charset utf-8 --no-verbose --batch
--quiet   --output - --passphrase-fd 0 --armor --textmode --clearsign %?a?-u
%a? %f"

Did you remember NOT to have line breaks in your 'set' commands?

> I do some mistakes, but I don't know where.

I appreciate the need understand rather than copy, but compare the
values of your pgp_sign* variables to the standard set up and see what
is different.

Cheers and good luck,

S.

[1] http://www.liv.ac.uk/~svwright/software/#muttgpg