Re: Auto clearsign with gpg

so spake Zbynek Houska [2004.04.27 @ 14:46]:
> I have it in my .muttrc file, but I still get some problems with
> signature. When I send it my another address gpg that "message has wrong
> structure" (sorry for translation, but it's in Czech originaly)

many email clients do not correctly support the PGP/MIME type
attachments (Outlook Express is notorious for it), so it could be that
whatever mail client you're using on the other machine doesn't know
anything about it.  PGP/MIME is a 'standard' ( OT-it always makes me
wonder how 'Request For Comments' turns into irrefutable standards...=) )
and has been for some time ( see the Mutt FAQ:
http://www.fefe.de/muttfaq/faq.html#else ).  It might be good to update
your other email client.

> > Did you remember NOT to have line breaks in your 'set' commands?
> Vim takes care of it ;-)

Vim *should* take care of it but it's possible that your configuration
inhibits it from doing so.  it could be a simple copy and paste error or
text wrapping before you sent this, but looking at the code there are a
couple of errors and non-escaped newlines (see pgp_encode_command and
pgp_secring_command).   if you do have new lines in your .muttrc set
commands, make sure to escape them with a back slash, such as:

   set pgp_verify_command= \
      "gpg --no-verbose --batch --output - --verify %s"

(i haven't tested newlines within the quotes, but i think it should be
fine...all of mine are all on one line, however.)

> code_command="gpg %?p?--passphrase-fd 0? --no-verbose --batch --output
>  - %f"
>
> [ ... ]
>
> set pgp_sign_command="gpg --no-verbose --batch --quiet --output -
> --passphrase-f
> d 0 --armor --detach-sign --textmode  %?a?-u %a? %f"
>
> [ ... ]
>
> Zbynek
>
> P.S. BTW, is my gpg signature readable for others?

yes, your gpg signature on your last email was readable by mutt.

good luck,
--
//  ste\/e || 0x44288D05 //