Re: mutt claiming that gpg signatures aren't verified

Re: Michael Herman in <20031025133206.GA19432@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I had disabled auto-verifying signatures because it was too slow.  I
> tried it with the key servers you provided and it's still painfully
> slow.  It takes about 5 or 6 seconds to verify a signature.  Any idea
> as to why?

The time is spent updating the trust DB. If you put
'no-auto-check-trustdb' in .gnupg/gpg.conf, that is skipped, and the
time goes down significantly. I'm using a cronjob that calls gpg
--check-trustdb via a Makefile hourly to build the trust DB.

check-trustdb: pubring.gpg
        gpg --check-trustdb 2>> check-trustdb.log
        touch $@

It is also a good idea to call gpg --rebuild-keydb-caches from time to
time to speed up things further.

Christoph
--
Christoph Berg <cb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, http://www.df7cb.de/
Wohnheim D, 2405, Universität des Saarlandes, 0681/9657944