Re: dialog colors (UI enhancements)

On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 01:30:43PM +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> For simplicity I simply chose the status bar color pair, but that is of
> course debatable. The basic requirement I think is that the overlay
> window is clearly distinctable from the underlying menu and I doubt if
> we can programmatically derive a color pair satisfying this need from
> the users choices (except for inverting maybe, but that'll look ugly,
> too).

I've used plenty of curses-based programs where the same colors as the
main window are used (especially on monochrome displays) and it seems
to work fine.  But, I think the right thing to do here is, since
you're adding an entirely new UI element (or widget, if you will), it
should have its own color configuration.

-=-=-=-=-