Re: [Mutt] #2899: progress display is now too slow for common

#2899: progress display is now too slow for common operations

Comment (by Safari):

 ''comments about progress_hz patch''[[BR]]
 gettimeofday is pretty fast, around 1000000 calls a second on P4 2.8 GHz.
 checking need to update progress with setitimer would be pretty complex,
 but doable.

 If I'd like to use uint64_t in mutt, in also other places than
 this progress thingie, what's the recommended way to do it?
 I just include <stdint.h>.  There's some code in config.h about it,
 but including only "config.h" does not make uint64_t available.

--
Ticket URL: <http://dev.mutt.org/trac/ticket/2899#comment:3>