Re: UI enhancements

On 2007-08-31 17:40:05 +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:

> 1) mutt_multi_choice() is currently used to let the user choose
> from quite a number of possible options. To fit in 80x25 they're
> abbreviated which obviously doesn't look nice. I've put together
> a patch that adds a dialog and puts it in a curses subwindow like
> so:

>   <http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pdmef/tmp/mutt1.tiff>
>   <http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pdmef/tmp/mutt2.tiff>

> The first with $ascii_chars set, the second unset.

Sounds like a good idea.  I wonder, though, whether it might be
useful to move the subwindow toward the bottom of the screen, to
basically grow out of the status bar / entry line.  I'd suspect that
most long-time mutt users will have their focus down there when they
start dealing with any interaction that they expect will involve a
choice.

--
Thomas Roessler   <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>