Re: [RFC] header cache type "safety"

Hi,

* Thomas Glanzmann [06-05-07 13:31:17 +0200] wrote:

I would prefer if the pointer in the header cache functions stays the
same name "h" and not "db". It would make the diff considerable smaller
and is even easier to read in cases like that:

-  h->db->get(h->db, NULL, &key, &data, 0);
+  db->db->get(db->db, NULL, &key, &data, 0);

If you consider construct like the above.

ACK. I've fixed that (including some name clashes since I fixed some other static functions which used 'db' internally).

Except the above I agree with your patch. But someone should test it
with the following scenarios before commiting it:

       * qdbm (Linux / Solaris)
       * gdbm (Linux / Solaris)
       * db4 (Linux / Solaris)
       * no hcache at all (Linux / Solaris)

I've used a short compile script to test it and here (FreeBSD) it compiles with all three and works with qdbm and db4. But others should test it as well.

Also, why I'm at id: the configure script supports auto-detection of db4 up to version 4.3 but not 4.4. Should we add that?

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!