Re: mutt/2019: menu_context itches (Re: your mail)

 On Wednesday, August 3, 2005 at 3:53:41 PM -0500, David Champion wrote:

> menu_move_off in 1.5.8 brought a change in behavior [...] it concerns
> a personal preference, and if others believe it changes mutt's
> defaults for the better, that's fine.

    It's a personal preference between 2 equally sensible behaviours.
Therefore per policy, default must be legacy. (Wow!). July 26 CVS
already reverted to legacy default, after the 1.5.[89] disaster.
Otherwise Paul would have bashed us, and we would be crying.

> the name "menu_move_off", and the manual's description of it, are
> difficult to understand

    I agree. I proposed a pair of names. For the decryption we need an
English writer. But last call for volunteers unsuccesfulled. What about:

| menu_sticky_bottom
|
| Type: boolean
| Default: no
|
| When set, the bottom entry of menus will never takeoff from the bottom
| of the screen, unless there are less entries than lines. When unset,
| as per default, jump movements are free to move off the bottom and
| complete the display with some empty lines.

> Because the manual description is hard to follow, I infer the meaning
> of "menu_move_off" from changes I see in its behavior

    And the resulting confusion made me think that your $menu_move=no
proposal was some form of "intoxication" joke, sorry. Yes, it's now very
clear: Name and description must change.

    [illogical movements]
> The patch that Tamo reposted a couple of days ago indeed fixes the
> problem, and I'd love to see it applied.

    Ahhh! Good. That was my biggest concern: That the "puzzle" would
have hidden a still undetected problem.

    But this latest repost is polluted by $menu_move=no false move. We
should try to decide rename/redesc before commit. Now.

> I think you and I agree, no?

    Yes sir! :-)

Bye!    Alain.