mutt/1536: Segment fault with long lines when LANG=*.UTF-8

The following reply was made to PR mutt/1536; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: mutt/1536: Segment fault with long lines when LANG=*.UTF-8
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:48:05 +0200 (CEST)

  On Wednesday, August 3, 2005 at 8:25:02 AM +0200, Brendan Cully wrote:

 > On Tuesday, 02 August 2005 at 07:05, Anders Helmersson wrote:
 >> the patch patch.helmersson.incomplete-mbyte.2 does not segfault.
 > The patch seems reasonable to me, but I'm not too conversant in this
 > multibyte stuff. Can anyone with more authority comment on why it
 > shouldn't be committed?

     The theorical debate about rafined architectures and knoweledge
 separation is beyond me, so I'll stay at a very "meta" level, sorry.
 Let's go: Theory is nice. When theory hurts practice, then theory
 becomes discussable. When the hurt is a segfault with data loss risk,
 discussion stops. The patch must be applied.

     Thank you very much Anders: We'd like more flea reporters like you,
 self-solvers. ;-)

 Bye!   Alain.
 --
 Everything about locales on Sven Mascheck's excellent site at new
 location <URL:http://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/locale/>. The little tester