Re: mutt/2019: menu_context itches (Re: your mail)

* On 2005.08.02, in <20050802161158.GH11054@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "David Champion" <dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't know, that interpretation hadn't occurred to me.  What is the
> menu moving off when I set $menu_move_off to yes?  I took it the other
> way because it seems to be intended to turn off the movement of the
> menu.

OK, I see this:

  ** .pp
  ** When \fIunset\fP, the bottom entry of menus will never scroll up past
  ** the bottom of the screen, unless there are less entries than lines.
  ** When \fIset\fP, the bottom entry may move off the bottom.

But frankly, that doesn't make much sense to me -- I have to invert
teh way I think of screen activity -- and ending the variable name in
a preposition feels odd to me.  Maybe I'm reacting from the sense that
when I started my new cvs mutt and got the menu_move_off=no behavior, I
was irritated as hell with seeing my menu scroll and just wanted it off,
now.  And hey, there's a variable that makes menu move off! :)

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago