Re: another silly question

On 2005-05-05 11:26:16 -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
> On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 01:29:05PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > This is not a problem, as mailboxes created by Mutt (e.g. for
> > postpone or user archives) will normally be read only by Mutt.
> > Even if maildir is the default, Mutt can still work with mbox
> > mailboxes created at system level (incoming mailboxes) for
> > instance.
>
> No, you're missing the point.  It IS a problem, if the user (or other
> users reading mail for a group account) don't/can't use mutt for some
> reason,

If the user doesn't use Mutt, then the default format for Mutt won't
change anything!

> or if the partition where mutt lives can't be mounted but you still
> need to read mail... I have personally run into such situations in
> the past.

There may also be problems to use mbox mailboxes, if for some reason
the locking fails. I have personally run into such situations in the
past. :)

Also, some messages get corrupted when they are stored in a mbox
mailbox, due to the "From " problem. In fact, this is a sufficient
condition for not using mbox at all.