Re: another silly question

* On 2005.04.27, in <20050427235308.GO3983@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Vincent Lefevre" <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It has often been recommended in this list (or mutt-users), and
> never the opposite, due to locking problems.

That's not quite right.  Mbox has often been recommended, just not
as a one-step solution to the same set of problems.  Each format has
strengths, and each has weaknesses.  I use both, I like using both, and
I think mbox is the best default for any UNIX mailer that aims to be
broadly usable.

Now you can argue about whether mutt aims to be broadly usable, or only
to suit its loudest/staunchest/most-experienced/purplest advocates.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago