Re: another silly question

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 03:56:17PM -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
> I tried this too.  Whenever I start mutt, I get an error message:
>
>   fcntl: Invalid argument (errno = 22)

Hmmm...  This part is still true.  But the next part:

> I haven't had a chance to debug this.  I'm thinking it may have
> something to do with AFS.  Whenever I try to explicitly ask mutt to
> open my inbox, it tells me that the file isn't a mailbox file.  But it
> most definitely is, in ordinary mbox format...

This turned out to be my fault.  Fixed by changing my .fetchmailrc
file to add a "From " line.

However, mutt is complaining that my mailboxes are all read-only.
Any thoughts about this?

> Unfortunately, I know zip about AFS.  I'd keep the files on local
> disk, but I don't always sit at the same machine, unfortunately.  We
> play musical desks a lot.

I still think this might be AFS-related, but I have no idea.  So, a
couple of questions:

Could mutt be refusing to write the files because there's no dotlock?

Would this problem disappear if I switched over to maildir?

Hmmm...  I think I'll try it and not wait for an answer.  :)

-=-=-=-=-