Re: another silly question

On 2005-04-23 10:29:24 +0200, Moritz Barsnick wrote:

> RedHat/Fedora have a patch for this which removes part of
> configure/configure.in by brute force. It's not a general
> recommendation, but it works for this situation. I'm attaching a
> recent version (modified by me) which changes only configure.in.
> Let me know if it works for you. ;-)

Ugly.

The point behind having the external dotlock helper is to make sure
that we can do the dotlocking with the necessary privileges.

The best approach if you want to install a custom mutt version on a
system that has mutt_dotlock installed elsewhere is to just *ignore*
the fact that "make install" bails out complaining about a chgrp.
Then, use your mutt configuration to point to the pre-installed
mutt_dotlock.  That way, you get your private mutt, but still have
the necessary locking rights.

As an alternative, edit config.h after you ran ./configure, and
undefine USE_DOTLOCK there.  Again, ignore the error upon
installation.  Don't do this one unless you understand your system's
locking setup.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.