Re: another silly question

On Tuesday, April 26 at 05:55 PM, quoth Derek Martin:
However, mutt is complaining that my mailboxes are all read-only.
Any thoughts about this?

no locks == readonly

Unfortunately, I know zip about AFS.  I'd keep the files on local
disk, but I don't always sit at the same machine, unfortunately.  We
play musical desks a lot.

I still think this might be AFS-related, but I have no idea.  So, a
couple of questions:

Could mutt be refusing to write the files because there's no dotlock?

Would this problem disappear if I switched over to maildir?

Yes. Maildir is designed to work without locks.

Hmmm...  I think I'll try it and not wait for an answer.  :)

Good idea.

~Kyle
--
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order.
-- Unknown