Re: another silly question

Derek Martin <invalid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > This is not a problem, as mailboxes created by Mutt (e.g. for postpone
> > or user archives) will normally be read only by Mutt. Even if maildir
> > is the default, Mutt can still work with mbox mailboxes created at
> > system level (incoming mailboxes) for instance.
>
> No, you're missing the point.  It IS a problem, if the user (or other
> users reading mail for a group account) don't/can't use mutt for some
> reason, or if the partition where mutt lives can't be mounted but you
> still need to read mail...  I have personally run into such situations
> in the past.

Yes, it happens, but it is a truly rare event in any case.  There are also
lots of other maildir-aware programs that can be used to read mail from
maildirs , many programs that will read a maildir and write an mbox file
(maildir2mbox is one), and the user can always fall back to `less
Maildir/{new,cur}/*`.  Defaulting to maildir would not significantly raise the
bar.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                          <muttdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>