Re: Two trivial howto questions re managing mailbox contents

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 08:40:04PM EDT, Christian Ebert wrote:
[..]

> It's not not /that/ bad ;)

.. no .. it's just silly :-)

> <save-message> (bound to `s' by default) "moves" the message.

Thanks to both..!

My problem was that I had a hunch that there had to be a better way..
*and* I had this nagging feeling I had seen something somewhere that
might do it..  but what was it.. ?? had it on the tip of my tongue,
like..  but it just-wouldn't-click..

Retrospectively.. my guess is that what prevented me from figuring it
out myself is that the "save-message" command is a bit of a misnomer..
it's more of a "move-message" .. I mean your car is parked on the wrong
side of the street.. you don't want a ticket.. so you move it, right..
you don't "save" it..

Now obviously you can use this "move" functionality to "save" a
message.. or you could use it to move messages around with no intention
of "saving" them.. You could even use it to move messages to some place
where they will eventually be deleted.. like a trashcan type of thing..
And that would be the exact opposite of "saving" the message..

Anyway better stop my ramblings.. and thanks again for providing the
correct solution.

Thanks

cga