Re: Two trivial howto questions re managing mailbox contents

* cga2000 <cga2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [07-25-06 15:30]:
> 1. What's an elegant way to move or copy a message from one folder to
>    another?  I use the mailbox format (as opposed to maildir) and so
>    switching to a shell and using cp/mv is not an option.

use mutt's copy command, "C"

> 2. I have a message in my "Sent" folder and I would like to edit it
>    prior to sending it again .. Maybe I need to correct the address..
>    or add some comments such as "sent this to Bill last night and on
>    second thoughts this might concern you as well.. text of original
>    message follows.." and email this to somebody else.. etc.
>
>    How can I do this this sort of thing in mutt?

I have a macro, but do not remember if it was included with the mutt
install:

macro   index   \ee     "<resend-message>f\=outbox\n"   "Edit to resend message
with complete header"
macro   pager   \ee     "<resend-message>f\=outbox\n"   "Edit to resend message
with complete header"

uses the editor you configured in mutt
=outbox is:  set record=+outbox      # default location to save outgoing mail
\e = <escape>

so <escape><e> key combination brings up the subject message in the
editor ready for action.
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2