Re: Two trivial howto questions re managing mailbox contents

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 03:43:34PM EDT, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * cga2000 <cga2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [07-25-06 15:30]:
> > 1. What's an elegant way to move or copy a message from one folder to
> >    another?  I use the mailbox format (as opposed to maildir) and so
> >    switching to a shell and using cp/mv is not an option.
>
> use mutt's copy command, "C"

somehow missed that in the online help.. there doesn't seem to be a
standard command to just move the message.. so I guess you need to use
"C" to initiate the copy.. <tab> to bring up the list of mail boxes..
select your target.. <enter> .. and then delete the original copy.

> > 2. I have a message in my "Sent" folder and I would like to edit it
> >    prior to sending it again .. Maybe I need to correct the address..
> >    or add some comments such as "sent this to Bill last night and on
> >    second thoughts this might concern you as well.. text of original
> >    message follows.." and email this to somebody else.. etc.
> >
> >    How can I do this this sort of thing in mutt?
>
> I have a macro, but do not remember if it was included with the mutt
> install:
>
> macro   index   \ee     "<resend-message>f\=outbox\n"   "Edit to resend
> message with complete header"
> macro   pager   \ee     "<resend-message>f\=outbox\n"   "Edit to resend
> message with complete header"
>
> uses the editor you configured in mutt
> =outbox is:  set record=+outbox      # default location to save outgoing mail
> \e = <escape>
>
> so <escape><e> key combination brings up the subject message in the
> editor ready for action.

Now I know what to look for .. I can see it in the online help..
Apparently called "resend-message" and in my case it's bound to Alt+e..

I took a look at my .muttrc and didn't see this defined anywhere, so I
guess Alt or Esc + "e" must be some kind of standard mutt keybinding.

Thanks

cga