Re: Poll: vars naming scheme, some answers

* Rado S <rado@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [060602 15:29]:
> [=- markus reichelt wrote on Thu  1.Jun'06 at 23:06:54 +0200 -=]
> > You make it appear obligatory to hit the wiki for those users who
> > have taken part in this discussion.
>
> Yes, it is. Otherwise just say "yes"/"no" and save the bandwidth
> and the time to read your noise.

1. The wiki isn't, and has never been, a formal part of mutt's development
community.

2. A mailing list is a better forum for debate than a wiki.

3. Mutt development isn't democratic, and it's certainly not the case
that you just need to assemble some majority vote to get some changes
implemented.  Provide a reasoned argument and convince the maintainers
that the changes should be made (notice I don't say "shout" or
"reiterate your points" but "convince" - i.e., respond to rebuttals) and
they will be implemented.

If you don't want to work through accepted channels, fork the thing.
Perhaps you'll have more success than mutt-ng.