Re: [OT] vimspell or engspchk

On 2005-07-29, Charles Mauch <cmauch@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I used to use vimspell, then decided engspchk was for me.  It highlights
> misspelled words as you type them - which is great for email.  I thought it
> was easier to use too.
>
> engspchk lives at
> http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=195

I use engspchk, too, and start it automatically for e-mail messages
by including this in my ~/.vim/after/ftplugin/mail.vim file:

    " Start the spell-checker.
    "
    " ... but not if reading from stdin or if in diff mode.  &diff
    " seems to be set after vimdiff reads the first file, so we need
    " to check the program name for that case as well as checking
    " &diff for diffsplit, for example.
    "
    if (expand("%") != "") && !&diff && (v:progname !~ "vimdiff")
        silent normal \ec
    endif

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division