Re: Question for vimspell users

On Sat Jul 30, 2005 02:20AM, phyrster wrote:
> On 17:55 Thu 28 Jul 2005, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> > I'm using vimspell with mutt and KDE's konsole.  It's great at
> > identifying misspelled words, but I'm curious as to how I go about
> > correcting them (getting prompted for suggestions).  Here's how I set
> > it up:
> >
> > 1- grabbed vimspell.vim
> > 2- mkdir ~/.mutt
> > 3- cp vimspell.vim ~/.mutt/.
> > 4- vim ~/.mutt/vimrc #contains the following
> > source ~/vimrc
> > source ~/.mutt/vimspell.vim
> > highlight SpellErrors cterfg=Red cterm=underline term=reverse
> > set filetype=mail
> > set textwidth=72
> > 5- Then in ~/.muttrc I used:
> > set editor = "vim -u ~/.mutt/vimrc
>
> It can be simpler, just vimspell.vim to .vim/plugin and you are done.
> >
> > I read thru the vimspell file and it appears that because I'm using
> > konsole, things like right-clicking with the mouse will not present
> > alternate spellings for words.  I'd rather use a key-combination anyway.
>
> Yes, just want to say that by typing \s? under vim, it will pop up
> alternatives. Enough for me.
>

> regards
>
> bxuef

Thanks, that worked.  The key here was moving the file to ~/.vim/plugin.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Going to church does not make a person religious, nor does going to
school make a person educated, any more than going to a garage makes a
person a car.

Linux chameleon 2.6.11.4-21.7-default i686 GNU/Linux
  8:27pm  up   8:45,  6 users,  load average: 1.10, 1.08, 0.86