Re: Question for vimspell users

On 17:55 Thu 28 Jul 2005, Trey Sizemore wrote:
> I'm using vimspell with mutt and KDE's konsole.  It's great at
> identifying misspelled words, but I'm curious as to how I go about
> correcting them (getting prompted for suggestions).  Here's how I set
> it up:
>
> 1- grabbed vimspell.vim
> 2- mkdir ~/.mutt
> 3- cp vimspell.vim ~/.mutt/.
> 4- vim ~/.mutt/vimrc #contains the following
> source ~/vimrc
> source ~/.mutt/vimspell.vim
> highlight SpellErrors cterfg=Red cterm=underline term=reverse
> set filetype=mail
> set textwidth=72
> 5- Then in ~/.muttrc I used:
> set editor = "vim -u ~/.mutt/vimrc

It can be simpler, just vimspell.vim to .vim/plugin and you are done.

> I read thru the vimspell file and it appears that because I'm using
> konsole, things like right-clicking with the mouse will not present
> alternate spellings for words.  I'd rather use a key-combination anyway.

Yes, just want to say that by typing \s? under vim, it will pop up
alternatives. Enough for me.

regards

bxuef

--
dhammapada says:

  Don't cultivate the company of bad companions. Don't cultivate depraved
  men. Cultivate companions of good character. Cultivate superior men. 78