Re: [OT] vimspell

On 15:19 Fri 29 Jul 2005, René Clerc wrote:
> * Trey Sizemore <trey@xxxxxxxxxxx> [28-07-2005 21:32]:
>
> > I'm using vimspell now.  One question, though.  How do you specify what
> > language?  For example, I don't know if it's using aspell or ispell,
> > but it starts up with English-British and I want English-US.
>
> It's offtopic, but:

I started this thread so if it is really off-topic, the blame should be
placed on my shoulders.

But I don't think it's off-topic. Shall we be so strict to the point of
being restrictive in nature?

Personally (IMHO), everything related to mutt isn't straying from the main
road. Again this is just a humble opinion, no flame war intended ;)

> Look at the end of vimspell.vim.  There, you will find:
> spell_executable                                        *spell_executable*
> This variable, if set, defines the name of the spell-checker. Defaults
> to:  let spell_executable = "ispell"

Looking into the latest vimspell.vim (by copying it to .vim/plugin it is
automatically loaded when launching vim), I didn't find the above mentioned
options. But a :help vimspell offers invaluable information.

To change spellchecker, just type

:SpellSetSpellchecker

To change language, use

:SpellSetLanguage

To make it auto checking,

:SpellAutoEnable

Right now I am using vimspell and I am happy with it.

regards

bxuef

--
dhammapada says:

  When a man who has been away a long time at last comes home safely from
  far away, his family, friends and acquaintances rejoice to see him back.
  In the same way, when a man who has done good goes from this world to
  the next, his good deeds receive him like relations welcoming a loved
  one back again. 219, 220