Re: how to mark_read old messages?

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 12:46:10PM +0800, phyrster wrote:
> Is there a way to mark them as read instead of old?

THe most straightforward answer to this question is as follows, although the
macro suggested elsewhere in this thread is just fine, too (altough some
explanation of it might help).

Another way to pose your question is to ask: "How do I remove flags (including
New or Old) from messages?" This is accomplished using the 'W' command, which
can be applied to several messages at once using tags:

    T~N<cr>;Wn

This will (T)ag all (N)ew messages and, after pressing return (<cr>) followed by
the ';' (apply next command to all tagged messages), will remove (W) the (n)ew
flag from those messages. As was mentioned before, this can be a handy series of
commands to include in a macro, although I use it infrequently enough so I'm
fine typing it all in by hand when it's needed.

> Another question is: I don't want mutt prompt me New messages in mbox 'keep'
> and 'sent' because I have read them already. How to suppress the new mail
> prompt in these mboxes?

Check if 'keep' and 'sent' are listed as 'mailboxes' in your muttrc. If you
still can't find them, post back here.

--

Will Maier