Re: w3m can't show html mail with charset: gb2312

On 09:54 Wed 20 Jul     , Bob Proulx wrote:
> bxuefeng wrote:
> > At this stage I think I have solved terminal/w3m issue. That is by adding -I
> > encoding (in my case gb2312) to force w3m render document in gb2312 format.
>
> Good.  However that seems to be insufficient in the general case
> because not all html will be gb2312 encoded.

It appears that messages with gbk and gb18030 can also be displayed
correctly. If I am not wrong, gb2312 is a sub-group of gb18030 so there
should be no problems.

> > What still racks me is: If charset is not set either in Subject or in Body
> > of the message, and even worse, Content-Type is not set, I just got this
> > kind
> > of display again:
>
> In the other subthread I think you are getting good advice from Haizi
> Zheng on this problem.

Yes, Haizi suggested using emacs to decode mal-formed messages. I know vim
can handle this as well but I am not sure how to do it yet.

Thank you guys.

bxuef