Re: w3m can't show html mail with charset: gb2312

On 01:20 Thu 21 Jul     , Haizi Zheng wrote:

> I guess I haven't explained my opinion properly enough.
>
> An good editor at least can do these two things to solve this problem:
>
> 1. Through it, when confronted a plain paragraph, you can know which
> coding system should be applied on. Maybe the editor can detect it
> automatically; if not, you can just `guess' it out and force the editor
> to use that kind of charset.
>
> 2. After you know this, you can take either of the two ways below:
> a. Use the editor to translate the text to the charset used by your
> console system, or any other one as you wish.
> b. Add or edit the header, specify a proper charset for this message.
>
> By this, doubtlessly one can make both the subject and the body to be
> properly displayed, simutaneously.
>
> p.s. But this method is manual, I haven't found any method automatic yet.
> So I really wish the author of mutt to add a new variable into mutt, say
> $subject_charset, to indicate a default charset for the plain subjects.
> :)
Good suggestion.

I found a posting in this Chinese page about Vim Chinese support:
http://www.linuxsir.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=142149&page=1&pp=15&highlight=vim

After tried the suggested vimrc settings, the mal-formed messages can be
rendered correctly. The only drawback is that I got to press 'e' to view it.

Setting vim as pager does not appear to be a wise move for me. I am wondering
whether there are other pagers which can be used for this task. But this is
for body only.

Really appreciate this list and your help. Happy mutting!

regards,

bxuef