Re: view multipart in another GUI mailer

* Yaroslav Halchenko <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-09-11 09:25 -0400]:

>> Obviously I've never received a message like that, or my script would
>> already handle it.
> just if you decide to adjust your script to handle such messages:

Thanks. I'd prefer to wait until I see such an email myself, and I probably
wouldn't use perl (why not just sed?)

>> Just FYI, a lot of people find top-posting, aka TOFU, offensive.
> just mention that I quote only the last message... this keeps the reader
> informed on what this message answering to. So if I'm not doign
> interleaved answering with old quotes, then I prefer to leave 1 mail
> back full text TOFU. I don't consider this offensive but rather usefull.

So you interleave replies if there are multiple levels of quoting, but
top-post when there's only one? Why not just interleave all the time?

> I would consider offensive bringing all 100 levels of conversation into
> email...

Of course. That is the usualy practice of top-posters, which is why so many
people dislike it.
--
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford ... http://www.geocities.com/mortarn

"Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration."
  -Thomas A. Edison