Re: view multipart in another GUI mailer

* Yaroslav Halchenko <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2004-09-10 16:30 -0400]:

> although your method works nicely for some emails it doesn't work for
> ones generated with nasty MS Word where images' SRC strings are quite
> screwed: like
> src="cid:image001.gif@01C4967D.347AADB0"
>
> surely I can adjust your script even more and use sed to correct them a
> bit, but... that is quite of handtweeking :-)

Obviously I've never received a message like that, or my script would
already handle it.

> I just don't understand why not mozilla neither sylphead modularized out
> 'view image' module, so  I could just feed whole message body to it to
> open... he heh

It would be nice. I tried, as Michael Tatge suggested, just copying the
message to Mozilla's Inbox. I also started Mozilla mail from the macro. That
worked, so far as I could then click on Inbox and then click on the message
and be able to read it. But that's two clicks too many for me, and there's
the added problem that any links I follow are then opened in Mozilla's
browser, when I'd prefer Galeon. So, I'll stick with my script for a while
longer.

> On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 04:31:08AM +1000, Joshua Crawford wrote:

Just FYI, a lot of people find top-posting, aka TOFU, offensive.
--
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford ... http://www.geocities.com/mortarn

And the only thing the Borg left was this Macintosh...