Re: [mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Alter egos]

On Thursday  9 September at  2:07am, Derek Martin had this to say:

> > This turns the automatic reset into a manual one.
>
> Indeed.  But it works.

I should have been more clear, I guess.  My system may break in very odd
cases, but having to remember to reset each time is unacceptable.
Creative approaches that get me to my desired behavior--good.
Creative approaches that start with me changing those desires--bad.

> Ok, I guess I meant *-hook.  If you sort the mail into seperate
> folders using procmail (or a similar mechanism), it's simple to use a
> folder hook to solve this problem.

Again, this works for people whom you *already know* will fall into a
certain folder.  But when I need to fire off an email to a *new*
person, folder-hook, like send-hook, is useless.

--

Matthew M Davis
<mmdavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>