[mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Alter egos]

Hello, all.

I have a problem making my switch between school/work roles behave.

What I'm doing:

index/pager contexts: macros mapped to <f9> set my .sig file and
'my_hdr From:' to match my school role

compose context:        macros reset the variables to the default when
I press 'q' (abort) or 'y' (send), so that once the message is either
sent or not, I automatically revert to work email settings.

BUT...if I begin to edit a school message (in jed), and then exit
without changes, the variables remain set to school, because I never
get to the compose screen where my macros for resetting do the job.

I can force a return to the compose screen by setting
'abort_unmodified=no', but that does slow things down unnecessarily
when I'm doing work email (which is most of the time), and it's
woefully inelegant, even by my lowly standards.

Can anyone think of a better way to handle this problem?

--

Matthew M Davis
<mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>