Re: [mmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: Alter egos]

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 01:03:23AM -0400, Matthew M Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday  8 September at 11:50pm, Derek Martin had this to say:
>
> > Or, define a different key/macro to your work role, and toggle between
> > them.
>
> This turns the automatic reset into a manual one.

Indeed.  But it works.

> >Or compose your message as part of your macro, and change them
> > after the compose (i.e. in the same macro).
>
> Macros can wait for input?

I think this is possible, but I haven't tried it.  Honestly I've never
found a need for macros, myself.  I do what you're asking about using
a combination of send-hooks and folder-hooks.

> > Or use send hooks.
>
> No, send hooks require that you know *beforehand* the addresses that
> will be set to the school role.  My way, I can do ad-hoc emails from
> my law address, but a send hook wouldn't allow that.

Ok, I guess I meant *-hook.  If you sort the mail into seperate
folders using procmail (or a similar mechanism), it's simple to use a
folder hook to solve this problem.

Mutt provides a number of ways to solve your problem -- you may be
required to be a little bit flexible in your thinking to choose the
best one for you.

-=-=-=-=-