Re: Beep on new mail

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 03:53:38PM +0200, Frank Altpeter wrote:

> You're never newbie enough to not read the docs.

Wow!  First post and I get a soft slap. :-)  Ok.  Here is a question, why
do we have a place like this if we can ask easy questions?  Yes, you are
right in that I should read the documentation, of course, but now days
with the speed required by the environment, it's very hard to do this.  I
did read some of the manual.  Matter of fact, I have colors on my Mutt
system, so I have done a few readings of my own, but I couldn't find the
beep thingie. I don't want to get into a battle of who's right, BUT, if
we can not ask easy questions here, where can we?

thanks,

jose