Re: Beep on new mail

Hello Jose Cabrera!

You wrote on 2004-08-18 10:13:31 -0400:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 03:53:38PM +0200, Frank Altpeter wrote:
> >
> > You're never newbie enough to not read the docs.
> >
> Wow!  First post and I get a soft slap. :-)  Ok.  Here is a question, why
> do we have a place like this if we can ask easy questions?  Yes, you are
> right in that I should read the documentation, of course, but now days
> with the speed required by the environment, it's very hard to do this.  I
> did read some of the manual.  Matter of fact, I have colors on my Mutt
> system, so I have done a few readings of my own, but I couldn't find the
> beep thingie. I don't want to get into a battle of who's right, BUT, if
> we can not ask easy questions here, where can we?
Well, imagine the following scenario:
You have a mailinglist with about 1000 ppl on it. There are about 50 ppl
a day, asking similar easy questions.
Who will then take over the more advanced problems if they are all busy in
replying to the easy questions which everyone could solve with a little
googleing (Searching google for "mutt beep new mail" gives exactly what
you were looking for on the first hit) ?

With kind regards,

        Frank Altpeter

--
FA-RIPE - racoon@IRCNET - 6133423@ICQ